Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I have 2 male cats I guess the last time they got in to a

Customer Question

I have 2 male cats I guess the last time they got in to a fight one of they bit the other by his ear , I noticed it 1 day ago it looks deep but its not bleeding I have cleaned it off 2 days a day now with witch hazel and put antibiotic ointment on it when I clean it I don't think it hurts because he just lets me but it has a bad smell , he's eating and drinking water as he always does, I'm on a fixed income so do I need to take him to be checked out or keep doing what I'm doing
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. Unfortunately, you will have to take him to be seen. The smell you are smelling is because there is an abscess in the tissue. Cats have some very bad organisms in their mouths that can cause very serious illness if not treated early and promptly. Some animals and humans have even developed sepsis from cat bites. Take him in to a vet and at least have them give some antibiotics that will treat this so it does not get any worse.

I hope this helps you but if you have additional questions please let me know. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

I check my computer every night so please let me know if you have additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Can I help you further or answer any other questions for you?

Sincerely, DRB