Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Been to the vet - is 15 years old and is on thyroid

Customer Question

Customer: Been to the vet - is 15 years old and is on thyroid medication now for almost two weeks and the last two days he has been vomiting and it smells like poop and he is not eating and not pooping
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I have three cats myself, so I know how you must feel right now. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Canonball
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Canonball?
Customer: No - he's a great cat
JA: OK. Got it. Do you think this is urgent?
Customer: I don't know - is it serious and why does the vomit smell so bad. He's always been throwing up but always okay. This smells awful
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn. Why not?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 10 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** and I am licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question, but first I would like to ask you a few questions so that I am well informed about your pets’ situation and can give you the best advice possible.

What does the vomit consist of? Also when was the last time Canonball ate a meal?