Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My 3 month old kitten is sneezing and looks groggy. What can

Customer Question

My 3 month old kitten is sneezing and looks groggy . What can I do she looks misrable
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your little one. How long have you had her? Where did she come from? How long ago did she last eat and drink?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since she was 8 weeks, I got her from a friend and last time she ate was 12
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for answering those questions. Has she ever been to your vet's? Has she been looking normal till here today? So she last ate around 5 hours or so ago? Is she having a lot of discharge from her nares?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's hasn't been to the vet yet and she's eating tread right now
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Can you help me, "She's eating tread right now"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry she is eating treats and wet food right now
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

I was trying my best to decipher the "tread" and was coming up blank. Treats now makes sense. So she is eating some treats and wet food right now as in the last 10 minutes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

That is good that she's eating right now. With young kittens like this, they can have simple upper respiratory infections that can look very much like this. For the most part, these are viral in nature and require time, nutrition and rest to let their bodies fight it off. If they get really dumpy, then a secondary bacterial infection may be at hand that can benefit from antibiotic therapy. Here is a good link on this.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=613

With her, as long as she's eating decent, resting, and not being overly stressed - it would seem that she has a good chance of taking care of this all on her own. So giving her plenty of fresh food, water and a chance to rest are the best things you can give her at home.

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Did this bring up any other questions?

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?