Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

My cat, Lexus, has these results from her CBC panel this

Customer Question

My cat, Lexus, has these results from her CBC panel this week. What is the prognosis for her life please. Thank you. ***** ***@******.***
Liver function is shutting down
In Stage 3 of 4 Kidney Failure
Has chronic kidney disease (has for 2+ yrs)
She is Hypercalcemia – thyroid not functioning properly
She is Hypernatremia – has high BP which can cause her to have seizures
She is Hyperlipidemia – Extremely high levels of fat in blood stream (Cholesterol) and this can cause seizures, abdominal pain, nervous system shutdown
She has inflammation of her pancreas
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

Carole, can you upload a copy of all of Lexus's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but Lexus's vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon above your message box (if you can see the icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/ I understand that every day is gift at 18 years of age and so discussing her life span at this time may be moot. The most important question at this time is: "How is her quality of life?"