Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat has been diagnosed with feline intestinal lymphoma

Customer Question

my cat has been diagnosed with feline intestinal lymphoma with a cancerous mass sitting on his bladder. his feces was the color of mud. what does that mean/
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr.Jess. I am sorry to hear about your kitty! Is he doing poorly at home? Did you have a specific question about the disease,or is your question about his stool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he has survived for 5 mos. he is under a vet's care. he in on anibiotic, pain med and prednisone. the question is on he color of his stool.
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

So it has changed recently in color? Many different things can affect a pet's color of stool. Medications may change the color, changes in diet, different treats can sometimes change the color of the stool. Stools can become dark almost black in color due to bleeding in the intestinal tract, or can become more pale than previously if there is an issue with the liver or gall bladder. It sounds like his stool is brown in color (mud colored?) which is considered normal. Did it look different before?

Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with cats and dogs. I've just read through your conversation with Dr. Jessica Keay - do you still need help? Let us know if you have any other questions - we would be happy to help.

~Dr. Sara