Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

I have 2 cats with longhair. One was so feisty I took her

Customer Question

I have 2 cats with longhair. One was so feisty I took her the vet for hair knots--$170.
They now have long hair and are calm. Can I trim them or is a job for a groomer. And how much should I expect to pay?
Mary Wallis
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, Mary. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

First, if your kitties are calm, then you can certainly maintain and trim their coat yourself. Its only if they were too difficult you'd want a groomer or a vet to do that for you. As well, I would note that if your vet has seen the feisty one recently and given her a clean bill of health, you could even speak to them about having an oral sedative dispensed to make grooming at home easier for you. Otherwise, in regards ***** ***** fees, this can vary by location, company you use, and what you want them to do. Generally speaking, a general trim with a dry bath tends to run about $40-60. If you wanted their coats totally clipped short (the lion cut) or a full bath, then it can cost more (usually another $20-30). In any case, it is worth comparison shopping to find a cost that fits your budget as well as finding a place you trust with your kitties if you do decide to have them trimmed professionally.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

**Please remember to rate my answer as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)