Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

Would like to further discuss my cat, Gracie's skin

Customer Question

Would like to further discuss my cat, Gracie's skin condition with you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Without being able to see Gracie's skin I'm quite handicapped. I need you to answer the questions I posed as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I send a picture? Yes, my vet did a fungal culture but I've been using an anti fungal. She suggested if no improvement in 2 weeks, that we do a biopsy. My concern that I didn't ask is, could this be a malignancy? I'm very upset and would just like to take that off the table.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a pic but it doesn't show much. They are about nickel size, not red but crusty

If you don't see the paperclip icon, you'll need to use an external app such as dropbox.com or***@******.*** will help you upload the pic. What was the result of the fungal culture? Fungus shouldn't be an important consideration in a purely indoor cat. Yes, especially at 12 years of age, skin cancer needs to be considered - lymphoma and squamous cell carcinoma (Bowen's disease), mainly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to use chat now?

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.