Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

Rosie
, kidney flushing, my cat was sick days, she did

Customer Question

Customer: rosie
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: kidney flushing, my cat was sick for 3 days, she did not eat. but now she is drinking, eating and went outside for about 45 mins. the dr wants to do kidney flushing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

Diuresis ("kidney flushing") is appropriate when addressing renal failure expected to respond to such therapy. How old is Rosie, please? Can you upload a copy of her test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but Rosie's vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon above your message box (if you can see the icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
WE DONT HAVE RESULTS, THEY DID TAKE A BLOOD TEST. WILL FLUSHING HELP OR WILL WE HAVE SAME TROUBLE IN FUTURE.

I can tell you her prognosis once I see her test results. How old is she, please? If elderly, it's likely that even if she responded to flushing, you would need to continue to administer additional fluids at home. I need to see the specific gravity of her urine, her BUN, creatinine, serum potassium and phosphorus level, and her hematocrit/packed cell volume (HCT/PCV) to be most accurate for you.