Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My 9 pound cat is on 5mg of prednisolone a day (as well as

Customer Question

My 9 pound cat is on 5mg of prednisolone a day (as well as other meds) for his seizures. He is presumably immunosupressed to at least some degree. Does he need antibody titers after his rabies immunization to make sure he has an adequate response?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Based on Christian's history, it would be best practice to check an antibiotic response to his vaccination and ensure appropriate antibody levels have been developed. Often people don't do so, but in not checking this we cannot really appreciate the immunity a patient has nor the risk they may have if they have failed to mount an appropriate response to the vaccination. So, it would be ideal here to check a titre for him.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )