Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 15 yr old cat was stuck behind the desk I'm not sure how long. She's just lay

Customer Question

My 15 yr old cat was stuck behind the desk I'm not sure how long. She's just laying there and her from legs are going her gums are white
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 yeas. I'm very sorry to hear about Shermin's situation. I'm going to be very honest in saying that her situation has me very concerned. When a cat gets stuck behind a desk, a lot of times it is because they are physically that weak / compromised that they can't get out. If the desk didn't physically fall / pin her, then identifying the underlying problem is needed here. What could the problem be? With her gums being white, that has me concerned about her red blood cell count. The absolute best thing to do immediately is to get her to a vet's office / ER clinic for them to evaluate her and to see what can be done to help her. There unfortunately may be something extremely wrong with her that may not be treatable too. Can you get her to the vet now?