Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Is it safe to give your cat laxatone if he is taking

Customer Question

is it safe to give your cat laxatone if he is taking prednisone,is it safe to give them at the same time?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 10 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am currently not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread.

Yes, you can give him laxatone while Nicky is on Prednisone. I would also recommend to increase his water intake by giving him low sodium chicken broth. In addition, add 1-2 teaspoon of canned pumpkin to his food. Increasing fiber and water intake helps with constipation.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Hi Mary,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter