Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Spayed female cat 2-3 y/o, tabby is not gaining weight the

Customer Question

spayed female cat 2-3 y/o, tabby is not gaining weight the way her siblings are but acting normally. also, she has lost all of the hair on her hips except for the last layer.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 10 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. What is the name of the food you feed her? Do you see her biting or chewing over her hips? What do you use for flea control? Do any of your pets go outside?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
9llives(canned, 2 tbs perday) and Wal Mart dry food (not the best)... no chewing, no biting ...she acts normally...she does not have fleas ...i use ACTIVil and she truly does not have fleas, none of my cats go outside (15)...could it be a vitamin dificiency? i 'm hearing that you think it's a food issue, which i can't solve having 15 cats...they are all healthy. thanks for your time. kmd
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
my e mail address is ************* or *************