Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I think my cat has a tick inside s left ear how do I remove

Customer Question

I think my cat has a tick inside his left ear how do I remove it he is bleeding from it
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has it been present?

Does it have a dark, shiny plate at the point its connected to his skin?

Does it have legs?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm not sure how long I just notised it today but idont think more than a day I cant see that because it is down inside his ear but I can see what looks like the body of a tick it looks grayish color icant see that clear.ok if you call me at this no.(###) ###-####I can text you a pict. back
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hi again,

I unfortunately cannot offer a phone service at this time. Therefore, please let me know if you would like me to opt out so another vet can potentially aid you with that. Or if you can post that then I can have a peek since there are some other concerns with grey lumps in cats ears.

Dr. B.