Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 4 year old cat is being treated bladder stone. It has

Customer Question

My 4 year old cat is being treated for a bladder stone. It has reduced in size, but is still there. We saw her vet Friday, and he recommend a follow-up in 4 weeks. As of right now, she has not urinated and pooped in over 24 hours. I have ensured she has eaten (only about half of her normal amount) and has had water (though only what I've been able to give her with a dropper). She is only slightly below her normal level of activity. Should I start looking up emergency vets that are open on Sunday or now? Or should I wait until her vet is open on Monday?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has not been licking herself excessively, seems to be in no pain, but just has not even gone near her litter box. She also has not urinated or deficated outside of the box.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Has she been straining to pass stool or urine over the past 24 hours?

If you press on her abdomen (back towards her hind legs), is she sore, tense, or tender?

What treatments is she on just now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is currently on a strict diet to disolve the stone. She hadn't deficated when I asked, but she has now and did not seem to strain. She is slightly tender on her abdomen, but no more than she has been since I noticed the stone causing issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for my late response. I tried to stay up for the answer and just passed out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just taking her to the emergency vet anyway. Thanks for your time.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I do apologize we have been playing a bit of time zone tag.

If you are taking her in (which is fine since her discomfort needs to be addressed), then I will pass your question back to customer service just now.

Take care,

Dr. B.