Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have an older cat and about 4 months ago Introduced m to a

Customer Question

I have an older cat and about 4 months ago Introduced him to a small pug.....for the most part they are fin the cat will swat at him but not overly aggressive, but yesterday he lunged at the pug for a second time for no apparent reason.....we are worried about the pug and that his eyes may get damaged....how do I stop my cat from swatting at or going after the pug?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you are worried.

Does Max swat with his claws out or just swipe with them in?

Thanks,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I have a bug eyed Chihuahua and was also worried the cat would scratch her eye. Since there is no way to predict a cats behavior I found a way to solve the problem.'

I put soft paws @ www.softpaws.com on his nails.

They are safe,attractive and last six weeks at a time.

http://www.softpaws.com/soft-paws-cats/

Now I do not have to worry whenever I hear a hiss.

I hope these work as well for you.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is usually jus swatting but occasionally there are claws....how difficult is it to appy the soft paws? And how do I rate the answer
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

It is pretty easy to apply soft claws.They go on with a drop of glue like fake nails for people.

However, since they last about 6 weeks you may want to let a groomer put them on for you.

One they're on you do not have to do anything to maintain them and your pug will be safe.

You should get a box asking you to rate. Let me know if you see it and how things are going.

Very warm regards,

Terri