Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat is getting a film on half of her eyes what is it?

Customer Question

Customer: My cat is getting a white film on half of her eyes what is it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is a white film covering half her eyes (both)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Are you seeing a membrane coming up from the bottom inner corner of her eyes?

Or does the eye ball itself look affected? If so, does it look like discharge or does the normally clear cornea look hazy/cloudy?

Has she had any squinting, tearing, redness, or rubbing her eyes?

How old is she?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.