Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My name is ***** *****, I have a 5 year old male neutered

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****, I have a 5 year old male neutered cat, named Rockie. He is having problems sitting down, if I gently touch his back end he is very uncomfortable. His appetite is good, not drinking water like he normally does. Poops have bee dropped in unusual areas over the last few days, but he is long haired so we really didn't think to much about it. He is an indoor cat, has had shots and been very healthy until the last few days. I have checked house plants, out of his reach. Xmas decs, out of his reach and gone, nothing rich to eat over the holidays..today purring, but don't touch the bum..any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: His bottom seems tob tender, he smells like a mixture of poop and vomit
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, my emerg is 65$ cndn..$19 cdn or u.s?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

How long have these signs been going on for?

Is his feces formed, soft or watery?

Is his urination normal?

Is he able to jump onto thing?