Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I've been giving my cat amoxicillan drops and orally but now

Customer Question

I've been giving my cat amoxicillan drops and orally but now his. Eye has a red tissue or film on it almost covering it completely
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with cats and dogs. I'm sorry to hear that your kitty hasn't been feeling well. How long has he been on the medications and when was he last seen by the vet? Amoxicillin is usually the medication that's given by mouth - not into the eye - is it possible that he's on something else? Has the eye changed in appearance since your vet saw it most recently? If it's possible to post a picture by attaching it with the paperclip icon at the top of the text box, that also may be helpful.

~Dr. Sara