Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

MY CAT HAS STARTED SNEEZING A LOT, SHE HAS A VERY WET NOSE,

Customer Question

MY CAT HAS STARTED SNEEZING A LOT, SHE HAS A VERY WET NOSE, SHE HAS BEEN SNEEZING ALL DAY,.LISA.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 11 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. Lisa, your kitty most likely is having a resurgence of a herpes type virus that we see in cats all the time. Here is what I would recommend that you do: give 500 mg daily of l-lysine (can buy at GNC) or get lysine chews online for cats. Get some vetriscience DMG and give 1/2 ml daily of that and the lysine for several days past all sneezing is gone. Then I would find a vet that is willing to give your kitty the intranasal CVR which will make your kitty a little sick after she gets it but once she has had that vaccine a few times it will keep her form having relapses with this.

Lisa, I hope this helps you and let me know if you need anything else. I will be back online tomorrow night. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if I can be off further help to you. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 11 months ago.