Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My 8 months cat fractured it's patella and the fragments are

Customer Question

My 8 months cat fractured it's patella and the fragments are widely seperated what to do ?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome, I'm Dr. B and would like to help you today.

I am so sorry to hear about your lad' s patella. If it is fractured itself ( not that the tip of the tbia that broke off, which is surgical too but a less severe situation), its important to know thay these are very much surgical cases and can be a real challenge for even specialist surgeons. This is because the patella is key for the knee joint to bend and need to be repaired so it can heal despite the pull of the knee ligaments.

So I do agree with your vet that this will be surgical and sooner is better when it comes to this since we don't want the body scarring or trying to heal this misaligned before we can repair this.

Please take care,

Dr. B

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you (this isn't an extra cost to you and is included in what you have paid the site already). IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)