Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

CAN I GO TOA PET STORE AND GET MEDICINE BELEAVE TAPE WORM I

Customer Question

CAN I GO TOA PET STORE AND GET MEDICINE FOR I BELEAVE TAPE WORM I HAVE NO MONEYFOR A VET VISIT OR A CAR RIDE THE VET IS A DISTANCE AWAY FROM WERE I AM LIVING COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT I COULD DO FOR NOW I KNOW THIS JUST STARTED I COULD SEE LITTLE THING THAT LOOK LIKE RICE ONE OF MY CAT'S ALONG TIME AGO HAD THEM SO I KIND OF NEW WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE COULD YOU HELP THANK YOU SO MUCH ONE MORE THING HE'S ABOUT AYEAR OLD I GOT HIM FROM SOME HOUSE SOME ONE LEFT HIM THERE ANDTHAT WAS IN AUGUST SOMEONE LET HIM OUT BECAUSE THEY NEEDED TO FIX THE HOUSE HE WAS FOUND IN HIS NAME NOW IS MR.WILSON SO NO ONE KNOW'S WE HAVE HIM HE EAT'S LIKE A PIG AND DRINK'S A FAIR AMOUNT OF WATER THAT'S ABOUT IT! HE'A A CAT SORRY
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Rice like worm segments are characteristic of tapeworms in cats. And I would note that if your lad has worms, this could make him eat like a pig as he does. So, in this case, we would want to worm him. To do so, you can get tapeworm wormers over the counter at pet stores or even order it online (ie Amazon). You will want to get one with Praziquantel to treat tapeworms or could even purchase Drontal to worm against the tapeworms we see as well as any roundworms. And just to note, it would be ideal to weigh him before you buy this to just make sure you get the right size for him and a proper dose to clear these tapeworms.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

**Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you (this isn't an extra cost to you and is included in what you have paid the site already). IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)