David Janssen
David Janssen,
Experience:  Veterinarian, owner at West Side Veterinary Clinic
15552883

My cat is holding her head sideways have cleaned out her

Customer Question

Customer: my cat is holding her head sideways have cleaned out her ears and put medicine in them may have to take her to vet
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she seems to itch in her ears and not be in any pain
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can't may just take her to vet monday
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  David Janssen replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thanks for writing in. I'm sorry to hear that your girl is having this problem...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well what do I DO

Things that can cause these symptoms include an ear infection (ear mites, yeast, bacterial, combination), a growth/polyp in the ear canal, allergies, tumor, ruptured ear drum, etc.

This is really something that needs to be looked at by a veterinarian, so they can determine exactly what the underlying problem is, and then decide on the appropriate course of treatment...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do will carry her monday thank you

Treatment may involve ear drops, antibiotics, or cortisone medications.

I wouldn't recommend putting anything in her ears at this time, as some things can make the problem worse, especially if she has a ruptured ear drum.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked in her ears her eardrums are intact

It's good if you are seeing that her ear drums are intact (by the way, the ear drums on a cat can be very difficult to examine when they are awake - sometimes they won't let you get the otoscope down into the horizontal canal far enough to actually visualize the ear drum).

You're very welcome - glad to be here to help out!

I hope everything goes well, and I hope you have a Happy New Year.

Dr. Dave