brisadog
brisadog,
Experience:  dasdasd
25524280

My name is ***** *****. My 19 year old kitty is breathing

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. My 19 year old kitty is breathing through her mouth and has some black mucus (?) on her back lips. She looks very uncomfortable, lying with her head raised, rather than putting it down .
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: this started early this morning. I had to be away today. She drank a little water when i moved it iright in front of her.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I can help you with your question today. Have you seen her moving around at all today, or is she lethargic?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was away all day. She came and lay down with me on my bed when I got home, That I think is the extent of her moving around
today I think she did pee in her litter box.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I'm not sure if you intended to request the phone call? If not, we can continue through the regular chat here.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
continue chat here.

Based on the open mouthed breathing and extended head/neck, it sounds like she is in respiratory distress. I highly recommend having her evaluated by a local emergency hospital right away. I would start with a physical exam and x-rays of her chest to evaluate her heart and lungs. It is possible that she has cancer in her lungs, fluid in her chest, etc which is increasing her respiratory effort.

Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek. Here is my website if you need to reach me again: http://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-drsusanfriend/