Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

HCM with cats
, My cat has HCM, Is on Vetmdein, enacard

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. HCM with cats
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My cat has HCM, Is on Vetmdein, enacard and Lasix and Plavix. I want to give herbal/amino acids supplements such as hawthorn, co q10,carnitine. I also saw holistic vet, which gave me some homeopathic remdedy. Your thoughts?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 11 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. First let me tell you I am an integrative doctor so my belief is that when possible patients should be healed in as many ways as possible. I have also done ER medicine for 2 years and general practice for 24 years. I have treated many many cats with HCM. Bot***** *****ne with this disease: you can give herbs if you want to but I strongly recommend that you stay with the above drug protocol. These cats DO NOT RESPOND to homeopathy period. You may safely give 30 mg of CQ10 daily if you would like. DO not give any of the rest of what you mentioned or you will risk serious drug herb interactions or worse yet cause your cat's blood pressure to spiral out of control.

Your best hope for your cat is what you are already doing. Stick with it. The prognosis with this disease is very variable and there is no cure. But what you are doing above is a good protocol.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further help as I check my computer each night . Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 11 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B