Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

I want to ask you if stomach caner of my cat can be cured?

Customer Question

Good morning,
I want to ask you if stomach caner of my cat can be cured? Cander is at the end of his stomach.
Submitted: 11 months ago via Dog-Health-Guide.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, this completely depends on how extensive the cancer is in the stomach, where it is located in the stomach, and what cancer type it is. The cancer type is very important because some of our nasty cancers will spread through the body causing issues with other organs (ie the lungs). In those cases, these are not usually curable.

As well, how far it has spread in the stomach, its size, and its location (where it is relative to the inlet/outlet valves of the stomach) are important from a surgical point of view. If this is a small, discreet mass in the stomach wall that isn't near those important valves, then surgery can be used to cure the cancer. But the bigger it is, the closer to the valves it is, and the more it has spread locally, the harder it is to safely remove it all and the harder it is to totally cure it for our kitties.

Therefore, with all this in mind, it is quite possible that this could be removed or your cat. But we'd need to have his vet diagnose the type and assess its size, spread, and location to let you know if surgical cure is possible here.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

**Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)