Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Is aquophor safe, he has a small ve that he scratched, it is

Customer Question

Is aquophor safe for cats, he has a small hive that he scratched, it is pink/red, very small spot on his leg? Thank you...Rob
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, Rob. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

There is nothing harmful in Aquaphor cream, so you can use this on Lucky as long as he doesn't lick this off. Otherwise, we'd want to salt water bathe (1tbsp salt to a pint warm water) and pat dry before application. Finally, if it is hive like and very irritated, OTC hydrocortisone cream can also be used to soothe this.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )