Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I had bookwork done on my 14 year old cat, Max. It showed

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Dr. ***** *****, My name is Gina. I had bookwork done on my 14 year old cat, Max. It showed that his Creatinine was low, he doesn't have much of an appetite, and his platelets were down to 88. He tested for SDMA and it came in low. I am waiting on a copy of the bloodworm. He wants me to start him on Prednisione. I am not sure if this is the right treatment for him. Your advice? Thank you.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't know of any other details without a copy of the bloodworm. Max doesn't eat that much and sleeps a lot. What other details do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He is also losing muscle. I can feel his shoulder bones. He's been eating Blue Buffalo dry food, he doesn't like wet food. How can I build his muscles and appetite up? I've tried everything. Thank You!
Expert:  petdrz replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Max today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Does Max do any vomiting. Are his stools formed?

How long has this been going on?

Was any other testing (xray or ultrasound) performed?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.