Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My daughters ten year old cat has started peeing next to her

Customer Question

My daughters ten year old cat has started peeing next to her litter box and will sometimes pee anywhere. She is diabetic and has had dental surgery which then caused a pus pocket behind her eye which caused her eye to bulge out so she had surgery for that. So it has been a bad couple of months for her. My daughter is so frustrated and worried something bad is wrong. The cat has regular check ups since being diagnosed as a diabetic. Has no uti. What can she do?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Audrey today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Is her diabetes under control? How is her blood glucose monitored?

Is she receiving insulin?

Is she drinking excessively?

Even if there was not an apparent UTI, was the urine sample cultured for bacterial growth? Were there any red blood cells seen in the urine?

How many cats are in the household? How many litter boxes total are in the house?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.