Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Dear Dr...I have a beautiful black dsh about 8 years old,

Customer Question

Dear Dr...I have a beautiful black dsh about 8 years old, indoor only cat. She only eats a few pieces of kibble a day and tastes wet food. She has lost about 4 pounds. She was overweight, so I am glad for the weight loss, but I am concerned. I have tried multiple types of food...otherwise, she is her usual affectionate self...she pees in the toilet (self taught) and poops in the tub. She is drinking water, but no more than usual. I have poked and prodded her without expressions of pain or fear??? I live on SSI and money is an issue. Please advise...thank you and blessed be.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 11 months ago.

This is dRB and I will be happy to assist you. There are several possible reasons for what you are seeing but diabetes is definitely one of them. Also apathetic hyperthyroidism and kidney disease. Of course cancer also but that is much less likely. The good news is and exam and a comprehensions blood panel will probably get you your answer. You will have to see a vet for this but here is what they need to run on her: CBC, chem panel,felv,fiv,T4 and urinalysis. There is a 95% chance that will find the answer to what is wrong with Lela. I hope this helps you and please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 11 months ago.

I check my computer each night and will in am so let me know if you have additional questions. Sincerely,DRB