Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I gave my cat an extra dose of prednisone = she was to have

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I gave my cat an extra dose of prednisone = she was to have one 1 ml dose/day and I accidentally gave her a second dose (about 11 hours later)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was just wondering if this would be detrimental to her. She is 20 yrs old - on both steroids and hyperthyroid medication
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This is Dr. Gabby.

Do you know how many mg per ml the prednisone liquid is? About how much does she weigh?