Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

I am just researching Cerenia. My cat is on it and

Customer Question

Customer: I am just researching Cerenia. My cat is on it and apparently I was underdosing her since Thursday. I talked to the pharmacist who compounded the medicine and realized I needed to give her more. When I gave her more tonight she vomited. I wanted to make sure I did overdose her.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She wasn't eating much so we went to the vet. She had full blood work the weekend before Thanksgiving and she was fine. We just went for a check up. Then she started to not eat as much as she should so we started on Cerenia. This is a repeat of an issue that happened a little over 2 years ago.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long will it take before I receive an answer to my question?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

Maropitant (Cerenia) is dosed at 0.46 mg/lb daily in cats for up to 5 consecutive days. I'll need to the know the amount and concentration (in mg/mL) of the compounded Cerenia to know if she received the proper dose.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?