Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I am a Diligent pet owner. My cat is 19 and been in Renal

Customer Question

Hello, I am a Diligent pet owner. My cat is 19 and been in Renal failure since 2009 but kidney levels have not changed dramatically. Only difference in Blood work 2 weeks ago was high white count of 27,000 and a cyst formed on upper thigh. He is 9.2 lbs.
now. He eats very little but drinks water. I think he is having trouble walking.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 13 years and I'd like to hope with your question. Can you tell me a bit more. Did the veterinarian do a needle aspirate of the cyst? Was it full of clear fluid or was it infected? Can you tell me more about his trouble walking. Is he painful or just weak? Is it something that has come on suddenly?