Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My cat's jaw seems to be dislocated. It has made it hard to

Customer Question

My cat's jaw seems to be dislocated. It has made it hard for him to eat and he's lost a lot of weight. Is there anything I can do to get it back in place? I can't afford vet costs right now
There was a lot of blood at first and I didn't know what had happened to him. But now that it's cleared up I can see that his lower jaw is not aligned and that's why he can't really eat. I'm hoping he's otherwise healed now.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 12 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with cats and dogs. I'm sorry to hear that your kitty has been so ill. I'm sorry also for the delay in our response, but I suspect the reason no one has replied so far is that we are all afraid to tell you what you don't want to hear: If his jaw is dislocated or fractured, there is nothing that you can do at home to fix this. He really needs medical care based on what you're describing. If you absolutely can't get him in for an exam to find out what your treatment options are, it may be the most humane thing to do to consider euthanasia. If he truly can't eat and he's starving to death, then humane euthanasia would prevent his unnecessary suffering. Again, I know that that's probably not what you want to hear, but I owe it to you and your kitty to be honest and also to try to prevent further suffering for both of you.

~Dr. Sara

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)