Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

One of my 4 rescue cat, who is approx. 6 mos old, has got me

Customer Question

Hi! One of my 4 rescue cat, who is approx. 6 mos old, has got me worried out of my mind. When I got the her and 2 others from the shelter as fosters back around august, they all came with upper respiratory infections. Did meds, given by animal shelter, as well as nebulizer. Lola and the other2 seemed to be getting better as the meds were completed. However, Lola never lost her sneeze, and here in the last month or so, she has just increasingly gotten worse, crusty wattery eyes, NASTY snotty nose, I mean Im havin to wipe it every time I turn around because it gets so bad her nose is closed up. She has not been eating much at all, and Ive tried can food, milk, tuna, baby food, and stil nothing. She is hardly drinking, and has lost a significant amount of weight. She smells TERRIBLE, and has horrific bad breath, accompanied by a thick drool. She has been sleeping alot, very lethargic, and seems very sad. If you only knew her, you would get what I mean when I say she just isnt Lola. I am very very worried about her. With the holidays here, the loss of my son, as well as our 6 dogs and 4 cat children, we just are out of finances at the moment. Any assistance you can be, other than the obvious "see your vet", will be greatly appreciated. I can send pics, video of her, whatever you need on my end. Please, I am out of options, and I couldnt bear to lose this girl. Thank you in advance.
Casey, Brian, Lola and all the fuzzy kids
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Has Lola always been a a louder (increased nasal noise) breather then the others?

Did the snot ever settle when she was on antibiotics?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no, and there was never really snot like this when she was on antibiotics. it was more just like a clear liquid, runny nose. now it is like a white and sometimes very bright yellow thick snot