Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My has lost weight loss and is breaking heavy, has yellow in

Customer Question

My has lost weight loss and is breaking heavy , has yellow in eyes
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet George today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long has this been going on for? Any vomiting or loss of appetite?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 ok 2.3o days 3.yes

Okay thanks for the additional information. With the yellowing of the eyes and the weight loss I would either be concerned about possible liver disease. This can be confirmed with blood work and possible x-rays. With cats George's age I would worry about either severe inflammation of the liver or unfortunately cancer has to be considered as well. The heavy breathing may be due to discomfort and sometimes liver disease can cause fluid to leak in the abdomen.