Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I'm just browsing the internet to see if I can find

Customer Question

I'm just browsing the internet to see if I can find suggestions to help with my cat. Do you charge a fee for your help?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Cat is 18 years old. He has a wound on his chin and keeps licking and scratching it so it won't heal. I tried cleaning it, disinfecting ointment and bandaging it (hard to keep in place). I put him in a cone so he can't scratch it but he somehow manages to get his tongue down there to lick it, so it still won't heal. He has had the cut for the last several weeks but the cone for only a little over a week. He has also lost weight. I don't know if the cone/wound is contributing to that or not. Or if the cone is getting in the way of his eating. Any suggestions on how to get that wound to heal? Then I can go from there to see if he is back to normal or not.