Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Our cat has an aggressive form of breast cancer that we're

Customer Question

Our cat has an aggressive form of breast cancer that we're pretty sure has gone to her brain. Recently she has taken to pressing her head against the wall and it seems as though her sight is going. BTW, she is 9. Her vet put her on steroids about 6 mth.s ago to try and stop the progression. Today we got up and there were 4 puddles of foam on the carpet. She refuses to eat or drink, smells kind of bad, and has been dry heaving periodically for about 5 hr.s now. What to do?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I can help you with your question today.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

I'm so sorry to hear about Layla's situation.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you have done as much as possible to extend her life, but the medication is no longer helping.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Based on what you describe, I'm afraid that her quality of life is decreased now. I agree that the head pressing and blindness are suggestive of a brain tumor. The vomiting an refusal to eat may indicate that she is worsening.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

I recommend having her evaluated by a local vet immediately. If we are lucky, we may find something treatable. I think you should prepare yourself for the possibility that they will recommend humane euthanasia today.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

I'm so sorry.