Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

I have a haired cat about a year old he comes out in like

Customer Question

I have a long haired cat about a year old he comes out in like blisters then they go sore all over his body hair loss on his spine and tail my vet has continued to give him steroids and he is on a special diet he lives with 8 other cats no others have this problem he seems to be happy but always licking and scratching flie treatment all done as well no one noes what this is
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If Simon has been neutered, this could be a Hormone Responsive Alopecia secondary to the loss of testosterone. This is a common problem in male cats and us treated with hormones that your vet can prescribe. The steroids should have helped this skin problem so since it did not, it may be good to biopsy Simon's skin to know for sure what is causing this and the best treatment. Often, the hormones, if Simon is neutered, will resolve this for him.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Annette,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta