Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  7 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
21779527

My cat at a 10000mcg biotin pill

Customer Question

My cat at a 10000mcg biotin pill
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 13 years and I'd like to help with your questions.

Biotin is a water soluble vitamin so the body take any excess amounts and excretes it in the urine. It should not cause any serious problems. It could cause mild to moderate stomach upset and make the urine a dark yellow color. Try to get him to drink a lot... you can offer diluted tuna juice. If the stomach upset is severe and includes vomiting or severe diarrhea then I would take him to a veterinarian for some anti nausea medications.

I hope that answers your questions, but if you have more questions please ask, if not please rate my answer.

Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.
Hi Natalie,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Stacy