Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

17 yr old cat, not eating, vomiting clear/foamy or yellow

Customer Question

17 yr old cat, not eating, vomiting clear/foamy or yellow bile looking 2-3 times a day.
drinking a few sips of water & just laying in her bed. its been 2-3 days now.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

I assume you have not seen a vet yet for blood work or an exam. The most common causes for this would be kidney failure, hyperthyroidism, or liver disease. There is essentially nothing you can do at home to help this. You will need to either see your vet for blood work to establish which of these things is the cause, and then decide whether or not to treat it, or if that is not an option financially you should have her humanely euthanized so that she will not have to suffer. This will not get better without medical intervention, and there is not much you can do at home. I am concerned about her quality of life right now, so I would see a vet as soon as possible (ER vet... I would not wait until your vet opens again on Friday). Geriatric issues are hard on everyone, and I am so sorry you are going through this with Chloe.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Ann M.