Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 2 yr old cat all of sudden stopped eating and drinking

Customer Question

Customer: My 2 yr old cat all of sudden stopped eating and drinking and is lethargic. I think he has a fever because his body feels warm. I have been giving him water by syringe. All the vets are closed for thanksgiving so that is not an option. Any help til I can get him to a vet Friday?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He is a male, neutered long hair cat and does go outside. what else do you need to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry to learn your cat is not feeling well. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

2- Did he get into anything?

3- How long has this been going?

4- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

5- Any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, to all of your questions. It took a couple of days but my cat is fine now.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you did not see that I had submitted some information request. I sent those 24 minutes after you submitted your question. I am glad your cat is fine.

Have a great weekend.