integratedmedpetdoc
integratedmedpetdoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have 40 years experience treating dogs and cats integrating conventional and wholistic medical therapies to enhance pet health.
74266680

I am reading your answer to a customer's question about

Customer Question

Hi there! I am reading your answer to a customer's question about fleas because I just discovered yesterday that my cat has them. I got a topical medication from the local vet yesterday and it seems to have killed about 80-90% of them so far. They said give it 2 days. They'd also recommended a pill, but my cat seems more comfortable with topical stuff. Is there anything else you'd recommend if this medication doesn't do the job fully? And what's the safest, most effective way to clean my furniture and carpet to keep them from coming back? One more thing... he's an indoor cat, so I' trying to figure out how he could have possibly gotten the fleas in the 1st place! Thank you for listening.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  integratedmedpetdoc replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** would like to help you with your question about your pet. Do you have time now to chat about it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I certainly do. Thank you!

There are some safe non-toxic carpet treatments available, specifically "Fleabuster Powder" that is a long acting product. The Revolution may work to eradicate all the fleas but it may take some weeks. It will kill a flea within 3-4 hours of contact, but there are more fleas in the environment so it will look like the product is not working well because you are seeing the new fleas.

Your cat may have brought them home if he has been to a groomer or boarding facility, or people can bring them home. Fleas will hitchhike on our clothing. Visitors could bring them in. The Fleabuster product is finely ground borate and is safe, and will last up to a year to continue to kill any new arrivals of fleas. It also is a good idea to apply the Revolution for 2-3 consecutive months to break the flea's life cycle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is extremely helpful. Thank you SO much!! I will look for the Fleabuster today.

You are very welcome. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Are there any more questions for me?