Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My cat has a normal appetite and is playful. But this

Customer Question

Hi. My cat has a normal appetite and is playful. But this morning his tummy is making gurgling noises. I rubbed his tummy and he doesn't seem to have any pain.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

This can be a sign of an upset system to come (vomit/diarrhea) but perhaps not (being optimistic). As long as Crow is acting normal with good appetite, attitude, sociality with no vomit/diarrhea, then I would not worry and simply monitor. If he gets some diarrhea, then this is what the gurgly noises meant. This is a very nonspecific symptom and can indicate anything from ingestion of an unusual item that upset the system to lodged foreign object to organ problem (liver, kidney) to pancreatitis and the list continues.

If he gets diarrhea, let me know and I can give you hints on something to give at home. But if he does great into tomorrow. Then no worries. I do not recommend change anything right now for him.

I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.

Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.

My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.

If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He seems normal now. He just finished his usual breakfast and went to nap. That is his usual routine. He has sneezes but again that is not unusual.
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

This is excellent. Then, I hope it was a one-time thing. Monitoring for relapse or further symptoms is the best approach.

Please keep me posted. I am always happy to answer followup questions. You can reply to this question at any time to submit a followup. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, let me know – it’s been a pleasure working with you and I hope to assist you again soon! Kindly submit a rating as you exit our chat.

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Joey
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am just checking to see how Crow is doing. Hope all is well.

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I am following up to find out how Crow has been doing. Please let me know if you have any further questions or new concerns.