Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

MY CAT HAS DEVELOPED A VERY FOUL SMELLING ODOR. IT NO LONGER

Customer Question

MY CAT HAS DEVELOPED A VERY FOUL SMELLING ODOR. IT NO LONGER WILL USE THE LITTER BOX. IT EATS CANNED FOOD BUT DOES OCCASSIONALLY EAT DRY. IT POOPS EVRYWHERE (HARD STOOLS), MAINLY IN THE BATH TUB 7 SHOWER. IT IS STILL AFFECTIONATE AND WILL CUDDLE. MY WIFE THINKS IT HAS A DENTAL PROBLEM. THIS IS AN INDOOR CAT WHO OCCASSIONALLY SNEAKS OUT FOR A FEW MINUTES. WE LIVE IN FLORIDA. COULD IT BE GECKO POISONING?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear about your problems with Ginger! Did your vet treat for anything -- like give praziquantel (dewormer) for liver flukes that cats can get from lizards? Any fecal (stool/poop) testing? Does Princess stink, or is it her stool that has such a foul odor? Is the stool unusually hard or normal looking, just in bad locations?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vet di not treat, felt it was psychological (stress from 2 more kids). the cat actually stinks, very foul odor. he did fecal, blood testing. stool is usual looking, and yes, the locations are very bad
Expert:  Dr. B replied 1 year ago.

I accepted your request for a phone call, but the site says there is a payment issue??

Did the vet notice the odor of Princess? Any comment after examining her mouth (since your wife is concerned about dental disease)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
haven't heard from you???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please help with the cat. I answered your questions but haven't heard back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
email me then, please? what are your guesses?
Expert:  Dr. B replied 1 year ago.

I did try to reply. I accepted the phone call request, but it won't display your phone number because there is an error with payment. So for now, all we have is this chat screen.

So my questions now are:

1) Did the vet notice any odor to Princess?

2) What did the vet say about her mouth exam (dental disease)?