Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

I am in need of alphatrak2 test strips. My cat has been

Customer Question

I am in need of alphatrak2 test strips. My cat has been hypoglycemic today and can't find anywhere to buy new strips. Is there any store brands to fit this meter in a hurry?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you. Let me apologize no expert has jumped in to answer your question yet.

Unfortunately, the answer is no. There are no stores that carry this other than perhaps a Banfield Pet Hosptial, but they probably would not sell this to you unless your cat was a patent of theirs. You can purchase the strips online from vendors like Amazon, and perhaps rush order to have on Monday or Tuesday. But by then I suspect you can get this from your veterinarian.

There are no people glucometer strips that will work in this machine. Your only option if you need a glucose reading now is to either take your cat in to an emergency clinic and get a reading or buy a people glucometer to use temporarily. The people glucometers are not as good to use on cats because they read low and are not calibrated for cats, but in a pinch they can give you at least an approximation reading.

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Joey