Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Male cat about two years old is breathing rapidly. Seems

Customer Question

Male cat about two years old is breathing rapidly. Seems only comfortable is sphinx position, but restless. Still will eat and get up for food. Noticed him resting in some spots today that weren't his usual resting places.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. This is a medical emergency. There is a very high chance that Sammy is in heart failure. Male cats in particular develop a disease known as hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. This disease is treatable if diagnosed and treated in time. If you don't go to the ER tonight Sammy may not be alive in the am. More importantly he is struggling to breathe and this is very very uncomfortable for him.Please take him to vet ER now. And let me know if you have additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in a rural area and can't locate help for Sammy. Is there anything that I can do to help him?
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Oh wow, sorry to hear that..... if you have a baby aspirin in the house you can give him one baby aspirin(81 mg). That may help prevent or dissolve a clot, but there is really nothing else to do. Just get him to a vet as soon as you can......let me know if you need additional help. DRB