Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

My 1 yr old cat was vomiting Tuesday and yesterday until

Customer Question

My 1 yr old cat was vomiting Tuesday and yesterday until 1230 in ther afternoon so I took him to the vet and they did blood work an exam and X-rays. The blood work was normal and he's doing better but the vet just called to say him liver and kidney seem enlarged on the xray and recommend a sono can you tell me what it can be im going on vacation next week and don't want to leave a sick cat for my niece to care for I want to be sure it's ok. The vet said it can wait just want to know if this is normal after feeling sick.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I understand your concern. If both the liver and kidney are truly enlarged, lymphoma would be my primary concern. An infection can cause those changes as well and so I hope that both feline leukemia and kitty AIDS testing has been performed along with his other blood tests. In fact, can you upload a copy of Nicky's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but his vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see such an icon) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I not only review the test results but also note which tests weren't performed but should have been.