Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

My boy cat is fixed he is around 9 years old it seems he is

Customer Question

my boy cat is fixed he is around 9 years old it seems he is not peeing he trys but he dont go he is acting alright is there anything i could do for him before takeing him to a vet
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Dr RB and I am a small animal veterinarian. It sounds as though Spots does have a urinary blockage. This happens often in male cats when the very small urethra or passageway between the bladder and penis becomes clogged with either protein or small crystalized debris. Your veterinarian will most likely need to pass a urinary catheter to "unblock" him and prevent bladder rupture. I would keep him as quiet and still as you can if you are not able to get him to the vet right away or do not have a 24 hour emergency hospital close to you. I would also eliminate water drinking during this time as well. Let me know if you have other questions..

Hello again, I hope Spots is feeling better..If my advice helped, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to give my response a positive rating? This would allow me to receive compensation for my expertise and time assisting you and your pet.. Much thanks