Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I have a boy cat little over a year old who is not eating.

Customer Question

I have a boy cat little over a year old who is not eating. Maybe 2 days now. He did pee so I think he is drinking water. About a week ago I put a store brand flea medicine on him which I'm sure he licked. But he was fine, maybe a little skittish, hiding under blanket which he doesn't usually do, but eating and drinking. Some more info I bought a fake Christmas tree that is flocked and he likes to chew stuff like that. My question would be if he was sick from the medicine and or maybe he ate something that has given him a bowl blockage or upset his stomach is any of this something that will just pass in a few days? Also he is puking up what looks like yellowish stomach fluids.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. Your cat needs to be seen by an ER vet or he could be in alot of trouble. The most common cause of vomiting in a young adult cat is a foreign body. And no, foreign bodies don't just pass in cats. they slowly destroy their gut and they can die a very horrible death. So please, have your little cat seen. It may save his life. Also regardless of the cause once cats stop eating for more than 48 hours you are risking liver failure. You need to take him to the vet tonight and have bloodwork and xrays done before it is too late. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.