Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

OUr cat ate two raisins left in a bowl from raising bran.

Customer Question

OUr cat ate two raisins left in a bowl from raising bran. how freaked out should we be?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you.....give me a minute to do some calculations.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Well the truth is that some cats have problems and some do not. The good news is your cat only ate 2 raisins.....if you gave your cat 5 mls of peroxide and she has not vomited yet then she will probably not vomit. You could take her to the ER and they could give her some xylazine and induce vomiting with that. Hydrogen peroxide does not always work.

Your options are:

1. Go to ER and have them induce vomiting

2. Watch your kitty for signs of kidney problems like lack of appetite, vomiting or diarrhea.

3. You could also take your cat to the vet tomorrow and get baseline kidney values and urine test

No one can say for sure, but raisin toxicity does not happen in very cat or every dog. So,hopefully your kitty will be one of the lucky ones. Please let me know if you need further help. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B