How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr B Your Own Question
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Category: Cat Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 1073
Experience:  DVM
27344366
Type Your Cat Veterinary Question Here...
Dr B is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

OUr cat ate two raisins left in a bowl from raising bran.

Customer Question

OUr cat ate two raisins left in a bowl from raising bran. how freaked out should we be?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you.....give me a minute to do some calculations.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Well the truth is that some cats have problems and some do not. The good news is your cat only ate 2 raisins.....if you gave your cat 5 mls of peroxide and she has not vomited yet then she will probably not vomit. You could take her to the ER and they could give her some xylazine and induce vomiting with that. Hydrogen peroxide does not always work.

Your options are:

1. Go to ER and have them induce vomiting

2. Watch your kitty for signs of kidney problems like lack of appetite, vomiting or diarrhea.

3. You could also take your cat to the vet tomorrow and get baseline kidney values and urine test

No one can say for sure, but raisin toxicity does not happen in very cat or every dog. So,hopefully your kitty will be one of the lucky ones. Please let me know if you need further help. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B